Wednesday, October 31, 2007

An Early, But MUCH Anticipated, Surprise!

Well...our little man decided he was ready to see the world this weekend! Early Sunday morning we were blessed with a perfectly beautiful little boy! Yes, just hours after a seemingly uneventful evening of Trunk or Treating! At 3:22 Sunday morning, my water broke. I scared Jesse awake and we rushed to the hospital (not before Jesse was able to take a quick shower of course!). Oddly enough, I was not having any contractions...but as soon as I was safely planted in the hospital bed they came full force, every 1 minute or 1 1/2 minutes. Then a mere 2 hourse later, we welcomed little Stevie into our arms! He was so ready to meet us, and came so fast that his mommy had to have him with no drugs! But he's here, three weeks early, and we couldn't be happier! He is just the cutest most precious little guy ever and his daddy is just about the cutest daddy ever! I didn't know what to really expect from Jesse (other than obvious joy), but he is a perfect father with the sweetest most loving ways. We are so happy, and so blessed, and so thankful to have each other and now to have a healthy little boy!


Steven Charles Broadbent
Born October 28, 2007 5:40 am
7 lbs. 8 oz. 20 1/2 inches


A happy daddy, with a happy baby!


A tired mamma with a not so tired baby!

Our little miracle is such a joy. He is a VERY good baby, hardly crying and already sleeping at pretty good times! I have to say I am not as tired as I thought I would be! Luckily, my mom is here for the week helping out...helping out tons! I have such an awesome mom! And it's so weird to picture her as a grandma! Of course it's just as weird to picture me as a mom!

0 comments: